Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Homeschooling

It is official! I am going to be homeschooling Hailee for the upcoming school year. I can't get over what God has and is still doing inside of me. One minute I was so not going to homeschool Hailee and looked forward to freedom... and then the next minute I was hearing God and the conviction to homeschool her and then being consumed by His peace. I can't even tell you the amount of peace I feel about homeschooling. All I can say is God is all-knowing and all-powerful and I am falling more and more in love with Him.

I am so very thankful for my homeschooling friends, Ely and Christi. They took the time out of their busy lives (both are going on vacation this week) to help me wrap my mind around homeschooling and gave me TONS of information. I came home with so much information I don't know what to do with it all but, I do know what our plan is for next year. I also know the curriculum we are going to use for Kindergarten and I am so excited!

I was reading Crazy love a little while ago and came across this verse from Jeremiah...

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations."
Then I said:
"Ah, Lord GOD!
Behold, I cannot speak, for I am youth."
But the LORD said to me:
"Do not say, 'I am youth',
For you shall go to all to whom I send you,
And whatever I command you, you shall speak.
Do not be afraid of their faces,
For I am with you to deliver you," says the LORD.
Then the LORD put forth His hand and touched
my mouth, and the LORD said to me:
"Behold, I have put my words in your mouth.
See, I have this day set you over the nations
and over the kingdoms,
To root out and pull up,
To destroy and to throw down,
To build and to plant."
Jeremiah 1:5-10
This verse is so true. He knew me before I was even a twinkle in my Mama's eye. He knew and knows my strengths and the beautiful purpose for me. He knows my fears. He gives me the strength, words, knowledge, and wisdom I need to fulfill His purpose. He wants me to spread is light and share my testimony to turn others to Him. It is all about giving Him His glory and being pleasing in His sight.

1 comment:

Tami's Passions said...

Indeed! You are a beautiful creation of God and deserving of all good things.