Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dramatic Change

I have told y'all before I am reading So Long, Insecurity by Beth Moore with my friend, Lyndsay. It is taken me a while to read it... two reasons... 1. I am having a hard to relating because I don't struggle with a lot of insecurity and 2. I have been super busy, but when I do sit down and read it I enjoy it. Well, today I was reading and it got to the topic of Dramatic change and how most women have problems dealing with change. And let me tell you this section was written for me. I DESPISE change! I have my little routine and I like it like that :o).

As I was reading this section of the chapter I started to think about when I got diagnosed with cancer (melanoma). I can't help but think how devastated I was and how much I associate that word with death. I have always been so healthy and then I was hit with the biggest bomb ever. The "C" word! So I went from being completely healthy to having cancer.

Even though I am cancer-free I can't help but still linger with the thought that it will come back. I can't seem to get over this change. I can't help but think I will have to go through the pain again and possibly die from nasty cancer.

So as I was reading today I came across this...

"When we become psychologically dependent upon crisis, it actually becomes our life motivator, and if we don't have a present crisis, we'll learn to create one.

The truth is, God uses change to change us. He doesn't use it to destroy us or distract us but to coax us to the next level of character, experience, compassion, and destiny. I hate to display such a firm grasp of the obvious, but how will we change if everything around us stays the same? Or what will ever cause us to move on to the next place He has for us if something doesn't happen to change the way we feel about where we are? God is thoroughly committed to finishing the masterpiece He started in us (Philippians 1:6), and that process means one major thing: change." - Beth Moore

I know I have grown through my experience and have also grown closer to God. I am a way different person since before I was diagnosed with cancer and my eyes are more open then ever. But, I still struggle with the change of moving on and not worrying about the "what ifs".

"Don't be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. What ever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. he never changes or casts a shifting shadow. he chose to give birth to us by giving us His true word. And we, out of all creation become is prized possession." James 1:16-18

I know if I get cancer again He will be there right by me and I know He will never leave me. I love knowing He never changes no matter if everything else shifts and turns my world upside down. He is perfect and I can always depend on Him :o).

3 comments:

Tami's Passions said...

Change in our lives, regardless of what brings it about, creates a fuller/more well rounded person. We become more and more complete through changes as this brings us to the person we were intended to be. I do not regret anything I have gone through in my life (good and bad) but, each thing has brought me more into awareness of all things around me and to the person I am today. I am happy with who I am now and though I know there will be more changes; I will handle each thing as it comes in a well-learned manner.

BusyB said...

that was a great post very well said

The Forey's said...

hey sterling...come check out my new blog. Super fun things are coming later this month. Spread the word!
www.famof4favs.blogspot.com