Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Texas State Flower

Saturday we went to Brehnam to take pictures in the bluebonnets. It is such a beautiful weed :o). We went with my BFF, Lyndsay and her family (those are the other kids in these pictures). Lyndsay took some great pictures of the girls. I hope you enjoy these pictures!






















































I was a fun day full of allergies! I will never ever not take my allergy medicine again (lesson learned). I know I have had a debate with some of you on if it is illegal to pick bluebonnets or not. I have read that it is not a law, but I will have to say this... I will continue to tell my kids not to pick them just in respect to the flower that blooms only once a year for a few weeks and in respect to all the millions of people that travel just to get a glimpsy and cute photo of their family in these beautiful flowers. If you don't understand... all I can say is it is a Texas thing :o).

5 comments:

Suz said...

We told Owen if he picked one, he'd go to jail forever and we were just going to get a new son and never come see him. Harsh, I know, but he didn't pick any flowers!

Jenn said...

I picked a few (gasp!) after Jake's very first Bluebonnet photo session (he was 4 or 5 months old). I just couldn't bear the thought of not having at least one or two to add to my scrapbook. I haven't picked one since then, and probably never will. But I don't regret picking those few. They're a priceless reminder of a fun day with my sweet little baby boy!

Tami's Passions said...

I would certainly be in "Blue Bonnet" jail if that was the case. I am a flower picker from way back ... :) My mom used to tell us the same "jail story" but, I just picked anyway. I am just a rebel I guess.

Giang said...

I love your children. They are so lovely

Tami's Passions said...

I like the respect for the flowers and for other people idea ... rather than "bluebonnet jail". :)