Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

On my mind...

I have someone on my mind. This person I have on my mind is my friends father-in-law and he is getting close to the end of his life here on earth. I don't know him very well, but I know his wife through my friend. He is dying from cancer and it blows my mind that not very long ago he found out he had stage 4 lung cancer. All seemed to be responding well to the chemo, but then everything began to go downhill. It just blows my mind how fast this has all happened and that his wife will be husbandless and the kids will be fatherless. I can't even imagine if that was me and losing my mother or father to something so horrible.

I having been praying peace and comfort over this family. Praying he knows the Lord God Almighty and truly has accepted Him in his heart and that he would be going home in comfort of that. I have been praying for his children. That the peace of the Lord would overwhelm them and that they would feel the comfort of their holy Father. I have been praying for the wife that she would lean on the Lord and give her burdens to Him. That her Father would swoop her up in His arms and hold her while she mourns for her earthly love and I pray that she would feel Him and be comforted by her Father.

"The Lord is my sheperd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me to the path of righteousness
For His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever." Psalm 23

Amen.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I just had a chance to read this. Thank you Sterling!