Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Here is a BIG one...

Patience. I know enough said... right? I lack this this fruit of the Spirit. And it is sad... it is sad how angry I can get in a split second. The other sad part is this anger is directed to the ones I love most. I will have to say... this is something I have been praying about and asking the Lord to help me through and in result this week has been a patient one. I have been using a soft tone (not all of the time but a lot of the time) with the girls and have been kind and encouraging with my words. It is sad how much that was lacking in my everyday life with my family.

"Do not lie to one another, since you have put of the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him..." Colossions 3: 9, 10

When I get impatient it is usually all selfishness. Someone isn't doing it like I think it should be done. Or someone not doing it fast enough for me. The list goes on... and it all turns into what I want and how I want it done. I wonder why I can't just let them do it or give God control of the situation.

"Blessed is the man who endures temptations; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him." James 1:12

I look up to those who have patience and are full of kind loving words while dealing with a situation they wished was going their way. I admire how they are giving the Spirit complete control and letting their loving kindness pour out. I always excepted I would NEVER be like that, but that was satan pouring untruthful lies into my head. I can... and I can do it all through Christ.


"However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering (patience), as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life." 1 Timothy 1:16

How do I expect to help others and be loving to them if I don't have patience? How will people that need help ever feel comfortable with me if I am not patient with them. They won't! People are just like animals (well we are animals :o)... if you are not patient with them and speak to them with loving kindness they will never trust you. They will turn away and be scared. They will never learn what they need to.

"But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold." Job 23:10

God may allow me to go through situations I may want to take control of, but I have to remember He promised to be my help in time of need.

"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character, and character, hope." Romans 5: 3, 4

Today I am going to cling to...

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law." Galatians 5:22

It just flows so beautifully together. I am so at awe by the Holy Spirit and what He is doing inside of me. I pray the Lord is speaking through you and that you obey. Have a great day my friends!

5 comments:

TAMI said...

I think the hardest part of living a Godly life is to realize that we are not in control and once we can embrace this and lose the need to feel like we do have this control ... we truly gain the "power" of who we are. Samantha and I were just talking about this. Once we give over the need to control ... we find we gain so much more. Peace!
I don't always follow this but; have worked for years to try to go with the flow and to not let the small stuff bother me. I have learned those "little things" really don't matter in the big scheme.

Christi Brown said...

Sounds to me like you have realized that you DO have patience. It is one of the fruits of the Spirit and when you allowed the Spirit to come into you, you allowed those attributes.

The verses were encouraging. I know that I need to be reminded daily myself!

Very cool!

Kanta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A Piece said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hapi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.