Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Government

I am not big on talking about government stuff, because I usually don't know what I am talking about :o). I know there are many people who have all their different views on what they think would be right for our country and everyone (well not every single person but you get my point) is totally not happy with this new healthcare reform. I get it (well kind of)... because my husband likes to talk about it from time to time :o). But, you know what else is super important (that a lot of us have forgot about)... it is in God's hands. He knew this was going to happen before President Obama knew it was going to happen.

Here is a little comentary thing in my bible about God's will for nations and individuals...

God has established earthly governmental systems and stands behind them with His authority. Because of this, Christians have an obligation to recognize the authority of civil government, unless it conflicts with God's law (And the high priest asked them, saying, "Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Man's blood on us!" But Peter and the other apostles anwsered and said: "We ought to obey God rather than men..." Acts 5: 28, 29).

Even Jesus submitted to His Father's will. On the Mt. of Olives before His death on the cross, He said: "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done" (Luke 22:42). In agony over His impending crucifixion, Jesus asked God if there was another way to provide salvation from sin. Jesus did not demand His own way; and, in spite of the pain He would suffer, He was ready to submit.

God's plan, born out of His mercy and love, will be accomplished for you personally. His purpose for your life is good (... being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ... Philippians 1:6).

For some reason when I was having my quiet time I was brought to Romans 13. Who knows why... only the good Lord knows :o). Have a great day!

No comments: