Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 30, 2010

Dedicating the month of May

I am dedicating the month of May to me. Not because it is my birthday month (May 11), but because this is the month I am taking control of what goes in my mouth. I have become ashamed of what I look like and how I am taking care of myself. This is the month I am going to kick it into gear!

I kept telling myself I couldn't do this on my own and I would need help and some kind of structure. I have thought about joining Weight Watchers, but really do not want to pay $40 a month. So I have decided I can do this on my own! We have a treadmill in the garage and I am thinking about talking to Bob about buying weights (he has been wanting to buy weights for a while). I want to do this and I am ready to do this! I am going to be cutting my calories down to 1200 and count every single one and write them down. I will be working my butt off!

I am going to take a before picture and at the end of the month I will post my before and after picture to show y'all my progress. If you see me throughout this month feel free to ask me how things are going. This month is my month and I am going to take control of myself and my body.

3 comments:

Christi Brown said...

Go you! I will be praying that you stay the course. I actually have a great BS on self-control if you are interested.

kimE said...

Hello, my name is Kim and I just finished a new post on my blog. When I was finished I just started peeking around at different blogs and came across yours. I too am a believer in Jesus. I just want to encourage you as you begin your journey in living healthier and losing weight.
I recently made this same decision and I have to say I feel better than I've felt in years. It's a one step foward - two steps back sometimes but if you truly give it your all you will see results.
If I can give you some advice take it slow at first and don't try to do everything at once.
Also, there is a wonderful (free) website called sparkpeople.com that you might like to check out.
I joined this website about 3 years ago and it gives you all kinds of support and idea's for losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle. You can even creat your own page, join support groups, track your diet and exercise. I really like it. If you decide to check it out, my sparkpage is under crazyforfood (I think). Or it might just be crazylena. One of the those.
My blogspot is called lenaswayofthinking.
God bless you and your family. :)

Misty said...

You will do great! I would join you if it weren't for this growing belly. Next year :)