Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Creator or Creation?

FYI... this is from the commentary from my Bible, but all good stuff :o)...

God is creator of the universe (God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made by hands. Acts 17:24). He is all-knowing, all-powerful, and ever-present. God and His creation are not one and the same (The God said "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." So God created man in His own image; in the image of God he created him; male and female He created them..." The God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good... Genesis 1:26, 27, 31). The Bible is clear that there is an infinite gap between the Creator and the creation ("But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this temple which I built!" 1Kings 8:27, Of old You laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You will endure; yes, they will all grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will change them, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will have no end. Psalm 102:25-27, The Lord is high above all nations, His glory above the heavens. Who is like the Lord our God, Who dwells on high, Who humbles Himself to behold the things that are in heavens and in the earth? Psalm 113:4-6). God independently sustains His creation (And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. Colossians 1:17). We are called t0 worship the Creator, not the creation.

Now this is me talking :o)...

I think we forget how big God is. I mean we can't even wrap our brain around His love for us. How can we put Him in our tiny box? We forget that He is the all-knowing, we forget He is the all-powerful, and we forget one of the most important... the ever-present. I believe that everything is all about His ever-present. The love for us, the forgiveness for us, the mercy for us, the healing for us, and the list goes on... we need all of this every second of everyday.

I think our problem today is this new age movement is we forget or don't even know holy. What is holy? I am learning a little everyday and learning to not to put myself first. To not put what I want to do first... my needs and wants are not important UNLESS they are going to glorify and praise to the Lord God Almighty. The One who knows my path... who has it set out all ready for me to obey.

We see all these beautiful things and when we see beauty we praise it and admire it. We may even take all the praise for it. When ultimately it was Him who made it... created it to it's very core. If we could just open our minds to something bigger then us and believe He is in each one of us... desperately wanting a real intimate relationship with us. Something no one could ever take away.

2 comments:

Elinette said...

I highly recommend "The Knowledge of the Holy" by A.W. Tozer

I try to re-read it every 2 years or so. It's all about the greatness of our God and His incomunicable attributes (meaning those thing we do not share with Him...that are only His). Does that make sense?

I think you will really enjoy this book.

Tami's Passions said...

I don't think with the "new age" movement that a loss of holiness is evident. For me personally, in searching for what is *more* has brought me closer to the holy aspect of God. I could fall on my knees at any given moment at the aspect of the "infiniteness" of God. I have found in my personal search through prayer and meditation; truly beseeching the "All that Is".

I don't know if we as humans can truly understand an infinite God. I feel if we did we wouldn't continue trying to put every part of our spiritual lives into a box. Who can say who is right and who is wrong? God is the judge and the only being who knows the true heart and soul.

John 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He sill do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

In this Jesus tells us we will surpass even him in his gifts and deeds if we have faith in him. He gives to us through His going to the Father.

All the Gifts of God are already ours; we simply have to come to term with acceptance and live within his holiness in all things.