Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Forget to Love

Yesterday afternoon a friend of mine posted on Facebook that she had 2 free Tim McGraw rodeo tickets. First thing I thought was I WANT TO GO, but then thought about all the other stuff going on in our everyday life. 1. I had dinner marinating in the fridge, 2. Hailee had her first basketball practice at 4:30 (that went for an hour), 3. we didn't have a babysitter, and the list just goes on and on and on. I wrote on her wall and said I would love to go, but Hailee had b-ball practice and we didn't have anyone to watch the kids. That was it. I thought that was the end. We get to Hailee's b-bal practice and I checked my phone and I had a message... it was Michelle (the friend who had the tickets). She offered to watch the kids. I called Bob and he was down for it (no matter how tired he was). I called Michelle and she offered to come pick the kids up at our house and she said she would feed them. WHAT A BLESSING! Bob and I were so excited! We were going on a date!

We went out and had a GREAT time! I think we almost forgot what we liked to do together. We get so lost in everyday life and the kids. We forget that we have to work on our relationship and take time to be close again. You know? I feel closer to him just by going out and having a grown-up conversation and it wasn't all about the kids. Everything is about them and we forget! My eyes have become open to US.

I forgot how we like to go to concerts, sit close, drink a bit, make fun of people (not mean just narrating their lives), etc. I think we are going to make date night happen more often. We aren't going to lose eachother. God has a plan for our lives together!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You are right - it is so important to keep the romance in our marriages alive! Don't ever take one another for granted . . . and always take time to reconnect. Glad you enjoyed your night!