Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ridiculous!

So I have been reading Exodus for a couple of days and reading how Moses was to lead the children of Israel out of Egypt. And as I am reading I am baffled by the the lack of trust and faith they have in the Lord. I sit here reading all the things the Lord does to the Pharaoh of Egypt and all the Egyptians and all the Lord's wonders and they still question Him.

As I read chapter 14 of Exodus... the children of Israel are freaking out because they see the Egyptians coming after them and they are thinking Moses/the Lord brought them out in the wilderness to die. They absolutely had no faith. I was totally taken away by this... they get to see these miracles first hand and still question God and His abilities.

Then I get to thinking... WE ARE THE EXACT SAME WAY! We question God no matter what kind of miracles He puts in front of us. It still is going on to this day. God speaks to us and shows us miracles all the time and we don't even see it. We think... Oh, it was just luck and really it was totally all God. Things don't just accidently happen or things don't just accidently get put onto our path. IT IS GOD!

We are the same way... when something horrible happens to us or our family or friends... we turn to God immedately! No questions... we know Who to turn to and Who to lean on.... but when things get a little tough and don't go the way we want it to... we question God!

Why do we do this? We know who God is and how powerful, merciful, and forgiving He is. Why don't we want to get closer and learn more about Him? Why do we want to be so unloving and ugly? I know... I know... we are only human. That is such a cop (sp?) out answer... yes I know we are going to sin and we can not be perfect like Jesus, but WE CAN TRY! Instead of being "good" when we want to.

I want to learn more about my Father and I want to be pleasing in His eyes. I want to be holy and glorify His name. I wish I could change all my nastiness all at once and walk totally in the light. My Father knows my heart... and knows how I desperately want to know Him and see His face. I am going continue my walk and grow. I may sound crazy to some people with my "crazy" Jesus talk... but I am going let the Holy Spirit lead me. I am not going to hold back anymore! I am going to glorify my Father!

"I will sing to the Lord,
For He has triumphed gloriously!
The Lord is my strength and my song,
And He has become my salvation;
He is my God, and I will praise Him."
Exodus 15:1-2