Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 23, 2009

Update on Heidi

Sorry it has been so long since my last update, but I wanted to let you know that Project Tikes (the therapists that work with Katy ISD) came out and checked out Heidi and if she is on track. Well first Heidi started walking while we had family in town (of course right??). I called the lady that sets the appointments with Project Tikes and told her Heidi was walking and that I wasn't sure if they still needed to come out. She said it was up to me and she reminded me that it wasn't going to cost me anything (our taxes pay for this program). So, I said what the heck lets just stick with the appointment :o). They came out Wednesday afternoon and asked all these questions about Heidi and what she does. Here is what they came up with... she understands at a 19 month old level, she uses her hands and stuff at 14 month old level (such as holding a crayon with a fist), and she communicates at a 13 month old level. They were telling me that with the communication part that it comes after kids start walking, so that should be coming soon. Heidi is walking more and more each day and becoming more comfortable in her steps. The good news is she passed everything and does not qualify for the program. YAY!

Hailee is doing great in school and learning her letters and the sounds they make. I think she is really wanting to read because she is always asking me to read something for her so she knows what it says. VERY COOL! I am loving this age and can't wait to watch her grow and learn more!

1 comment:

skier918 said...

YAY! Praise God that everything turned out well with the appointment and that she started walking beforehand!