Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stitches are OUT!

I wanted to give everyone an update. I went and had my stitches removed today (YAY!) and it hurt like a Mo Fo (it hurt bad)! I will have new pictures up soon of my insicion without stitches. The PA took them out and some were really deep and she had to tug and pull them out. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. LOL! She ended up not being able to get one out, so she clipped both ends hoping it will push its way out on its own (keep your fingers crossed). I am supposed to keep a close eye on it and make sure it doesn't get infected.

I did learn some new things about the surgery today. So, when I had my surgery they made a football shape insicion, so a skin graph would not be needed (and just stitich the skin together tightly). Well I found out that where the widest part was cut (in the football shape) was not where the mole was (the mole was lower right where the ankle begins). I am kind of concerned that where he dug deep is not where the cancer was or is.

As I am thinking back to the day of the surgery they marked where to do the insicion and I do remember it not being right on top where the mole was, but I didn't think anything of it because I thought he would see where the mole was removed and that would be where he would cut.

I don't know. This is all stuff that has come up today and that has been making me think. I pray and hope that he got the cancer (no matter where he was digging) and even though the lymph nodes came back negative that the cancer (if still there) won't spread.

I do have faith that Dr. Ross is a pro at removing Melanoma and that God is in control of this all.

No comments: