Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Vacation Bible School

I can not tell you how well this week is going... there are no words. God has truly been at Kingsland Baptist Church this week working all ways. Here are just a few blessings that I have come a cross. I am sure everyone else can vouch for some other glorious blessings.

1. My partner, Sarah. She is such a glorious blessing. She is an AWESOME 2nd grade teacher and guess what we are teaching... 2nd grade! She knows exactly how to talk to the kids and keep their attention and knows how to deal with them. I have and continue to learn from her everyday. She says it is because she has been teaching for 6 years, but I think it is more than that (I think it is our wonderful glorious God). Sarah if you read this... I love you! You are such a blessing in my life and I am so glad we are friends and can't wait to grow closer in our friendship and in God together. Oh... I forgot to say... we work really well together and are open and can tell eachother things that are bother us ;o).

2. We have some very AWESOME KSM (Kingsland Student Ministry) workers. They are 2 girls (Belle and Ashley) and they are both 16 years old. I don't think it is very normal to get older KSM workers, but God so graciously gave these wonderful girls to us. They are so very helpful and are so open and willing to help. I also am going to use them as babysitters :o). God is so GREAT!

3. We have a great 2nd Grade team. They are all here to work with the kids to get them to understand God and how wonderful and loving and forgiving He is no matter what. They are all so friendly and helpful to everyone.

4. The KIDS! No they aren't perfect, but they are a great group. Yes, there are those few that make us work :o) and keep an eye out, but really they are sweet too :o). We are now just starting to see how the kids are and what they need. There are a few asking those questions that lead them to their salvation. I pray even after VBS is over that the fire will continue to burn in them and grow larger until they can't hold it in any longer.

5. I was so worried about Heidi. Her normal schedule is 2 naps... one nap at 9:30 and another at 2:00. I was scared she would be cranky pants and be miserable all day. BUT again GOD. That is all I can say... Heidi has hung in there all day. After I go get her we have to go back to our class and get ready for the next day and she has been PERFECT! No crying! As soon as we get in the car she instantly falls asleep. Then we get home and I get Heidi out of the car and put her in bed and she sleeps for 2 hours. YES... 2 hours... this is what I need to keep her schedule on because she sleeps great! Oh yea... the teachers for the babies are AWESOME!

6. God was with whoever made the VBS material. I think this VBS material is AWESOME! The music is AWESOME and so FUN for the kids! Again... GOD!!!

There has been so many more things going on that is all GOD, but these are just a few I can think of the top of my tired head. Tomorrow is our last day and I am sad, but also so tired :o). I just can not say it enough...

GOD IS SO AWESOME, GREAT, FORGIVING, LOVING, FAITHFUl... man there are just not enough words.

No comments: