Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Sea World Trip

This weekend (Friday-Monday) we went to San Antonio and we met my dad, Tracy (my step-mom), Michelle (sister), and Meghan (other sister) and we did 2 days at Sea World. Here is our adventure...

Friday we left around 11:00 a.m. and went to drop Chloe at Inez' house (a good friend). Then we were on the road around 12:00 p.m. and it was an okay drive. I drove and Bob went in the back and took care of Heidi (I know I have a great husband). We didn't have to stop once! We got to San Antonio around 2:30 p.m. (well maybe more like 3:00... we did miss our exit and had to turn around a few times :o). When we finally got downtown we couldn't go to the hotel because my dad booked two rooms and we had to wait for him before we could get in our room. So, we went to find a parking spot (it is hard to find parking down in San Antonio especially when you haven't driven there before). Anyone agree?
Once we found parking (in a parking lot :o) we got out and went to walk around and guess what we ran into... the Alamo. LOL! Bob had never been to the Alamo, so we headed that way. Here are some pictures...

When we were walking around outside to Alamo my dad called and they were at the hotel, so we left and headed that way (it was only a few blocks away but we had to go get our van first). We ended up using their vallet (my dad told us to) and Bob and I had never done vallet before. It was all new to us, but kind of interesting. We went up to our room, got situated, and left again. We were off to go find some food. We had the hardest time finding where all the resturants were and there was so much construction going on on the Riverwalk that we had to do all kinds of detours (let me tell you detours are not fun when you have a Big Stinkin' stroller). Oh well... I guess I got a workout in. We ended up finding a Mexican Resturant it was called something like Mexican in Manhattan or Manhattan Mexican. When I saw the name of the resturant I was kind of scared, but I was going to be brave. LOL! We ate and drank and had a good time. After we were done we went and walked up and down the Riverwalk. Good times!

Saturday, our first day at Sea World and it was HOT! We kind of got a late start but that was okay. When we first got there of course I forgot something in the van and Bob willingly ran back to the car (I know he is AWESOME! and no he never reads my blogs... LOL!). The first thing we did was greased up with sunscreen and then we were off to see the Clydesdales, second we went and checked out the Dolphins (they weren't feeding them then but we got to see other people get splashed), third we went to see SHAMU!!! Everyone kept talking to Hailee about Shamu and Hailee would just smile and be all giddy with everyone (acting like she new what they were talking about), but she had new clue who Shamu was. Then I think she was amazed by the Killer Whales! She couldn't keep her eyes of them. It was pretty cool!

My dad and family had been there before and knew what was really good and what we had to go see. So, after Shamu we went and saw the "dolphin" show (Viva Show). Let me tell you that was an AWESOME show. There was acrobatic stunt stuff, diving, synchrinizing swimming, and oh... dolphins. It was really great! There was so much to watch at that show. Then finally we were so hot... we had to go cool off. We headed to the water park. Yes... Sea Worls has a water park. We didn't know that... it was a great water park :o). After we were done there we were done for the day and left the park and headed to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. It was a FUN HOT day!

Sunday started out better. We had a time we were going to be out of the hotel (8:30 a.m.) and then we were going to go have breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We got to the park and guess what... yes... I forgot something in the van again :o). Bob loves me and yes... he willingly ran to the car again for me (what a great guy!). When he got back we power walked to the Sea Lion show. It was really good too! It is so amazing to me how all these trainers teack all these different animals. I would LOVE to work with all these sea animals! I just don't have the smartness for all the schooling. After the Seaa Loin show we headed to this 4-D show inside a theater on a screen. The people warned us that we would get wet (I was not very happy about that but I dealt with it). It was a good little show but it scared the little kids... LOL! As they are wearing these "cool" glasses and things are popping out at them (I think the crabs did it for Hailee) and then air blowing down by your feet when there were crabs on the screen. Hailee and Heidi had to be escorted out by daddy (they weren't very happy :o). After the show, it was roller coaster time. Yes... I went on a roller coaster and do you want to know what it was called... Steel Eel. LOL! I know... We have a great picture (you know those pictures they take of you as you are going down the scary part and you have an ugly picture of yourself) and let me tell you my face is so SCARY (if you want to see the picture then come on over (it is on our TV stand (thanks to Bob))). Bob said I was a screaming banchee... LOL! It was fun, but I was done with roller coasters for the day. My dad and Bob went on another roller coaster called The Great White. LOL! They had a good time together!

We sat and ate some lunch (we were so hungry). Tracy and I did some shopping and then it was off to cool off in the water park again. It was a good day at Sea World but I think I can vouche for everybody and say we were ready to go! When we left the park we decided to go to Benihana for dinner (I love that place). It was another great day (I think I said that already :o)!!

Our final day was here and it was time for us all to pack up our stuff and leave. We went and had breakfast together and then headed home. As soon has we left the resturant Heidi was out and she slept about half way. She was pooped! We went and picked Chloe up and then headed home.

Everyone was so HAPPY to be home! Then we all took great naps (except Bob)! Bob had to wake us all up around 4:00 p.m. It was a very tiring weekend but so much FUN!

I know I wrote about our whole trip and what we did (I did forget some stuff, but you get the idea) but I didn't say much about Hailee and Heidi and what kind of time they had. So here goes...

Heidi could have done without this trip... LOL! Poor thing was forced to miss her naps and she was fighting sleep the whole time. Eventually each day she just couldn't keep her eyes open any longer and passed out. She was so hot the whole day that I think (I know) she was miserable, but you know she is such a troop. Heidi did not cry at all (until the end of the last day at Sea World). We ended up buying one of those spray bottles that have that fan on them and you can mist yourself with water (best thing we bought all weekend!). That little water bottle fan thing was great! Steeber (my dad) and Nana (my step-mom) loved to see Heidi and said she was such a good and happy baby :o). She really was and I thank God for her and how well she deals with things. Thank you, Lord!

Hailee LOVED Sea World!!!! She loved everything about it! She was such a big girl and walked around and didn't whine... she had such a good time! I can't say it enough because she had a smile on her face the ENTIRE time. She loved spending time with Steeber, Nana, Michelle, and Meghan and she can't wait to see them again.

It was so fun and I hope y'all all enjoy the pictures...

1 comment:

The White Family said...

I'm sooooo jealous! I've been wanting to go to Sea World for 5 years now and still haven't made it!! I miss Shamu.