Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Our God is an Awesome God!

I have been debating if I wanted to blog about what God has been doing in my life, but I decided to go ahead and do it. I am not going into every detail, but you will get the picture :o).

So I have been praying to God to work in my and change my heart and how I view things. I kept telling Him I was ready to change and I needed Him. Well day after day, week after week, and month after month it was the same. I kept thinking I was going to be this "awful" mom/wife forever (not that I am awful but you know you are always your worst and hardest critic).

Well my small group (through our Adult Bible Fellowship class on Sundays) has been reading this book called Love and Respect and I had relized I haven't been given Bob much respect and in return I hadn't been getting the love I want. I have also been talking to my accountability group (a group of GREAT women from our Adult Bible Fellowship class on Sundays) about this and other stuff. We have all been praying about this.

Then last week I was reading my Love and Respect book and it clicked. I totally got it! I had to give it ALL to God and that meant giving it up to Bob. Giving that control I thought I needed to Bob. Giving Bob the responsibility of the family. Bob is the head of our family. He is to make all the calls and I am here to support him and love him no matter what. He is to love me as God loved the Church and I am to respect him. I GET IT NOW!

Since God spoke to me I have given it up. I still am having difficulties every once in a while, but when I do try to take it back I hear a little voice saying "what are you doing... STOP!". I will have to say I see things differently, I hear things differently, I treat my family differently, I love my family differently, I am a better friend, I am aware of things more, and I try to think about God through all my situations. I love my God and my husband!

On another note... I did a month of cooking in one day yesterday. It was a long fun day! I will be posting more about this soon, but I am waiting on pictures from Mindy (my baking partner!).

1 comment:

Misty said...

YEA!! :) God is so good!