Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day


I know this post is late, but I had to post about my Mother's Day.

What I wanted for Mother's Day was for Hailee and I to get our nails done together. Hailee is at that age now where she would really enjoy it and remember this experience together.

So Saturday, was the beginning of my Mother's Day. Hailee had her Gymnastic Mayfest where all the kids showed off what they had been learning all year (see post below). Then we came home and all the kids took a nap and then Hailee and I headed off to get our nails done. Hailee loved it! She was so giddy while the lady was painting her toe nails and when she got a flower put on both big toe nails it just made her day. Then the lady started to paint her finger nails and she got a flower on both thumb nails. Hailee could not stop starring and looking at her nails. She loved the whole experience! It was so great to see her face :o) and that smile. I had a good time too (I got my nasty feet taken care of).


Sunday, we went to church, came home and hung out for a while, and then it was nap time. I love nap time on Sundays because I take one too! Bob cooked a very YUMMY meal! It was so good! I didn't have to clean up or anything (I did fold little kid clothes though). It was a very good Mother's Day!

Then Monday was my birthday! Yes, I got a year older (27 yrs. if you are wondering (not 18 yrs)). It started off kind of rocky. Hailee decided to get up at 6:30 a.m. (when our normal get up time is 7:30 a.m.). I sent her back to bed, but I didn't actually get back to sleep because I kept hearing her bang around in there. Then the late morning early afternoon was nice. We went out and played in the pool and had a good time. Then it was naptime and I was thinking "YES". The day started to go down hill. Heidi took a horrible nap (once she gets up there is no getting her back down). Hailee had gymnastics and then the plan was to head home and pick up Bob (he was leaving work early) and head to Chilli's. We get home a little before 5:30 p.m. (from gymnastics) and Bob is NOT home! I am thinking where the heck is he! I started to call him and next thing I know he is pulling in the drive way. He was held up in traffic. I was so bummed... Heidi was cranky (because of lack of sleep), Bob had no time to take a shower, and I had plans later. I just said lets not go because of everything. I was so disappointed (not at Bob or anyone) about the whole day and how it unfolded. Then it was off to my Girl's Accountability Group meeting. I love those girls! I knew I would feel so much better once I got there with them. It was a brithday... and I have figured out as you get older and have kids a birthday is just another day (you just actually change your age). Thanks to everyone who remembered and sent me a birthday wish! I love you all!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Tagged you in something on my blog....feel free to not paticipate ;)

http://ericandmistynewsome.blogspot.com/2009/05/lots-of-bloggy-love-and-my-money-makers.html

Glad you had a little birthday celebration with us at Laura's ;)