Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Judgement

I have been wanting to post on this for quit a while. Now I am making the time to spill my guts...

Have you ever noticed how judgemental people are? You may have noticed how judgemental you are (I know I have). I think about this all the time and I am still so judgemental. I don't understand why people are so hard on other people. WE ALL HAVE OUR FAULTS AND WE ALL SIN! But, the thing is we judge everyone on all kinds of differents scales.

First on a small scale... Just judging someone you don't even know. I do this all the time. Thinking you are better than them. Maybe they don't dress, talk, or act how you like people to. They can be the nicest person ever and you may totally miss out on a great friendship.

Next... We judge people on things they can't help or don't even know they are doing anything. I do this all the time too. I think when someone does something that is not up to "my standards" that I have the right to judge them and talk about them (gossip).

On the BIG scale... Do we have the right to judge bad people? Killers? Do we have the right to kill because it is justice? Does God want us to kill/judge his on children? Do we have the right?

I use to be totally for the death penalty and thought these people that killed deserved to be put to death. That they didn't deserve to sit in jail. They deserved to die just like what they did!

But, then Pator Alex did a sermon on this and it totally changed my perspective on the death penalty. God does not want us to kill eachother and this includes the death penalty. The death penalty isn't any different then going in to someone's house and shooting them in the head and killing them. This is God's job. It is his job to judge them when that day comes. It is His job to send them to hell or keep them in heaven.

All of these (small or BIG scale things) are SIN! I sin so much it makes me sick. When I am sinning I think... oh, I am sinning or this is not right I should stop. But, no... I just keep right at it. I will have to say I have gotten a little better but, I guess I will never be perfect. All I can do is strive to be better and trust in my Lord.

"I can do all things through Christ, who strenghtens me." Philippians 4:13

No comments: