Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

Cooking Day!

Wednesday Mindy (a friend) and I cooked an ENTIRE month of food in ONE day! It was a great tiring day! We started around 9:30 a.m. and ended around 5:30 p.m. My brain was mush after cooking. So here is the cooking story...



Mindy has 4 kids but 2 of them are still at home and they are both boys and then I had my 2 girls there too. But, don't think the kids were watching themselves :o). Mindy's sister, Toni was there watching the kids (so nice).



We cooked 12 meals (two breakfasts, one lunch, and nine dinners (all doubled or tripled meals). We had a few set backs. First, I arrived at 8:45 a.m. (I should have been there at 8:30 a.m.) and I had to set up the pack-n-play and get Heidi situated. Second, we were supposed to chop the night before, but we didn't so we (I) had TONS of chopping to do. Third, Mindy's disposal decides to clog. All together it took about an 1 hour or a little more to get that stinkin' sink unclogged. Fourth, after the disposal was unclogged we had a WHOLE BUNCH of dishes to wash :o). Fifth, all the little people were saying they were hungry so we had to stop to eat for a bit. Sixth, Mindy was putting stuff up (crock pot underneath the cabinet) and a bottle of hot sauce fell onto the crock pot and shattered the bottom of the crock pot (one of 4 crock pots). Thank goodness we were done with the crock pots :o). Seventh, it was so HOT! Mindy had the air conditioner on but it was so STINKIN' hot from the oven on and stove on. I am sure there are some more things I am missing but I can't think of them right now :o).



It was a good productive day! We ended up staying there for dinner (we ate one of our meals (Strong Safety Hamburgers)) and the kids played all night. Good times! We are planning another cooking day in June.

No comments: