Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 27, 2009

Heaven is real

I have been reading 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper. It is such a great book. As I was reading it yesterday I read a part I had to type up and post all for you to see (if you care :o)....

"Without the slightest doubt, I know heaven is real. It's more real than anything I've ever experienced in my life. I sometimes say, "Think of the worst thing that's ever happened to you, the best thing that's happened to you, and everything in between; heaven is more than any of those things."

Since my return to earth, I've been acutely aware that all of us are on a pilgrimage. At the end of this life, wherever we go- heaven or hell- life will be more real than this one we're now living.

I never thought of that before my accident, of course. Heaven was a concept, something I believed in, but I didn't think about it often.

In the years since my accident, I've been repeatedly thought of the last night Jesus was with his disciples before his betrayal and crucifixion. Only hours before he began that journey to heaven, he sat with is disciples in the upper room. He begged them not to be troubled and the trust in him. Then he told them he was going away and added, "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back an take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." (John 14:2-3)

I had never really noticed it before, but twice Jesus used the word place- a location. Perhaps that may not stir most people, but I think about it often. It is a literal place, I a can testify that I know that place. I have been there. I know heaven is real."

I just thought this was the coolest. He has been to heaven. He knows it is real. Just his testimony alone is so relieving that heaven is more real than here... right now. I can't wait to go one day and live in my Father's house!

No comments: