Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Change in my life...

I have really noticed lately how often I am on the computer and how much it consumes my life. I was thinking about this yesterday and how much I never get done because of the computer. I don't do my quiet time as often because I am on the computer. I think... oh I will get on check one thing and next thing I know I have been on here for like an hour and then... HELLO Heidi is up. It is so irritating!

I decided yesterday I was only going to get on it a couple of times a day. I don't need to check my email constantly, I don't need to check blogs all day, I don't need to be on Facebook all day, etc. There is no reason. I pretty much see everyone I talk to on the computer at least 2 to 3 times a week. I told myself it might be hard the first few days, but I would get use to it and it would be better :o).

I am not saying I am totally banning myself from the compupter, but just not getting on as often. The only reason I am on the computer right now is because I put Heidi in bed at 1:00 p.m., I cleaned bottles, wrote a check and put it in the mail, made myself a bowl and cereal, and by then it was 1:30 p.m. (30 minutes until I have to go get Hailee from school). So, I thought I would sit down eat my cereal and check things out on the computer.

Well I better go. Heidi never went to sleep and I have to get things together before we go get Hailee. We have to run to Wal-Mart and get some hand sanitizer for Bob at work so, he doesn't get the Swine Flu... LOL! Not really a joke because one of Bob's co-worker's was in Mexico last week. Great huh? Bob told me today that the coworker is getting sick. GREAT! I guess we will just wait and see.

1 comment:

The White Family said...

My computer consumes my life too, but usually it's work stuff that I'm doing. I'm trying to spend more time keeping tabs on my friends and updating FB and my blog so that others know we're doing OK. But, it's just so hard when there's so much I need to do on my work computer for work. Oh well! I hope it helps that your blogs are very inspiring to me and many times help bring me closer to God (even though it takes you away from your quiet time, I get the benefit!).