Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas in Colorado

Hey everyone! We are back and glad to be back :o). We did have a great time in Colorado but, were ready to come home to our own beds and familiar atmoshpere. Here is a little bit of what we all did in Colorado.

The first couple of days we were in the Denver area and they had some snow still on the ground and Hailee was all about playing in it. The first night there was horrible. We got to my mom's house so late and the kiddos were so tired they couldn't go to sleep. Heidi cried for like two hours (not all at one time). Finally everyone fell asleep around 12:00 a.m. We were so tired the next morning. As soon as Hailee got up that first morning all she wanted to do was play in the snow :o). Hailee and Bob went out and played in it. Hailee loves snow! We visited with some frienda and family that day and night. Then around bed time it was bad all over again. Heidi cried again for a while. Then finally fell asleep and I got some wrapping done.

The second day we were there was the day we were supposed to go up to Keystone (in the mountains) but, there was a snow storm moving in. More than likely we weren't going to go up that night because the roads were going to bad. we just sat around that day and waited to hear if we were going to go up or not. We were going to go up with my Aunt, her husband, and daughter who came from Oklahoma. Around 4:30 p.m. my mom called and said y'all are goin up there. Heidi was napping... we weren't packed because we were pretty much told it wasn't going to happen that night. We got over to my uncle's house around 6:00 p.m. and they loaded up the van and off we went. The roads weren't bad but, it was chilly and snowing. we got up to the condo and got everything situated and put the kids to bed. And again it was a bad night.

The thrid day, Bob went skiing with my uncle (who takes him down the black and blue slopes... which are for more experienced skiers). They had so much fun. Hailee and I stayed home and played in the snow while Heidi napped most of the day away... LOL! And the night was bad again. We decided Heidi just couldn't breath from how dry the air was in Colorado and made all kind of yucky boggies in her nose. We found 4 humidifiers in the house (one in each room). We took them and tried them out.

Christmas Eve (the fourth day), everyone went skiing again and had a great time. I hung out in the house and watched kiddos. Hailee played in the snow a bit. Heidi slept the day away again. When everyone got home we went to a church in the mountains. It was a Luthern Church (it was all new to me) and I decided Luthern is a mixture of all Christian denominations. The service was so long. When we got home we went and gave Heidi a bath and got her all dressed and ready for bed. All the humidifiers seemed to leak. We had one that seemed to work but, we were wrong. The carpet was completely wet. UGH! The night was horrible again. Poor baby was probably so uncomfortable.

Christmas day was craziness! We got up and did our Christmas thing. Hailee was so happy to see what Santa brought her on Jesus' birthday. She got everything she wanted (make up and more make up). That is really all she wanted... LOL! Everyone went off skiing again and I stayed home to help with dinner (and to get over the sleepless nights). The kids made a cake to celebrate the birth of Jesus. It was a beautiful cake (and yummy)! Bob hooked up the last humidifier (that he thought was full of mildew) that night and guess what... Heidi slept great! We still didn't get sleep... Hailee decided she wanted to wake up and cry. What is up with that? We asked her what was wrong and no answer. I was soooo MAD!

The day after Christmas was fun! Bob, Hailee, Andrea (my step-sister), and myself went tubing. We had to take a gondala to the very top of the mountain. It was great! We got up there and it was snowing good. When we got outside to get our tubes and slide down the slope the snow was coming down even more. I love every minute of it! Hailee had such a good time too. At the end of our hour Hailee and Bob came down the slope and were waiting to go up the magic carpet (it got you up the slope) and Hailee sarted screaming bloody murder... her feet were so cold and hurting her. Poor baby! I went down one more time and then we headed back to the gondala. The snow stopped and the sun was out. It was so beautiful! As we were walking up the mountain to get the gondala I was about to die. The air is so thin and cold up there that when I got to the top my heart was about to beat out of my chest. I hate that feeling. We got down and headed home. When we got home I put Hailee in the bath to get her warm and she felt so much better. Later that night my friend Jenn and her huband, sister, and son came up to see us. It was so great to see them. They ate dinner with us and sat around and chatted a bit. Then they left and we were so tired we were off to bed. Heidi slept great again! We were so happy but, then Hailee woke up in the middle of the night crying again. Why can't our kids just give us a break?

The last day, we were soooo ready to go home. We missed our own house, our beds, and the space we have between all our family members. Don't get me wrong it was nice to see them but, usually 2 days is the max we can all be together under one roof and we were past the 2 day limit. We left the condo around 10:00 a.m. and headed to idaho Springs to eat at the best pizza place ever... Beau Jo's. They have the best pizza and when you are done and all you have left is the crust... you get some honey and dip your crust in it. It is soooo YUMMY! After that we headed to my mom's house and we hung out there for a few hours and let the girls take a nap. Then it was off to the airport. The flight was good but, then when we got off the plane I was sick. I had to immediately go to the restroom. After my bathroom trip we headed to the baggage claim. We waited about 30 to 45 minutes for our luggage (3 trips to the bathroom). We were not happy. We got on the bus to take us to our car... we got to our car and loaded everything in it. Then headed to pay for the week we had our car in the parking lot... Let me just say... NEVER EVER park your car in the Parking Spot during the holidays. We didn't check the prices before we left so, that part is our fault but, they jacked the prices up to over $11 a day. We had to pay an arm and a leg. We got home (finally) and everyone got to bed and slept GREAT! Bob and I had the best sleep ever :o).

We are so happy to be home. Over all we had a great Christmas and thank the Lord for giving us the oppurtunity to make it to Colorado to spend time with our family. Love you all!

No comments: